With manual installation you are in charge of creating the environment required for CuViBox to run. It shouldn’t be difficult as it’s very standard, for example, to install CuViBox in a Hostgator shared hosting you just have to decompress the CuViBox code and browse it to launch the installation.
These are the certified and minimum requirements to run CuViBox on-premise:
- HTTP Server. For example: Apache with mod_rewrite enabled.
- PHP 5.5.9 or greater (including PHP 7).
- Extensiones PHP instaladas: mbstring, intl, pdo_mysql, mbstring, zip and gd.
- Ioncube installed according to your OS and PHP version.
- MySQL 5.1.1 or greater, or MariaDB 5.5.
There doesn’t exist minimum hardware requirements.
Download and install CuViBox on-premise
To download a CuViBox on-premise version:
- If you haven’t already done, register at CuViBox.
- Then go to the menu “Account > CuViBox on-premise”
- You will see the CuViBox on premise licensing system. Click on the Versions menu item:
- You’ll see all the CuVIBox versions. Pick the latest one and download it.
- You’ll get a ZIP package that should be decompressed in the http server folder where you want to deploy the app.
- Finally, create an empty MySQL schema, and a user with all the rights over it. These data are the connection string and will be asked by the installation wizard process later on: database server, schema, user and password. These sentences may help:
CREATE DATABASE cuvibox_db; GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON cuvibox_db.* TO 'cuvibox_user'@'hostname' IDENTIFIED BY 'cuvibox_password';
When you arrive this point you just have to browse your CuViBox installation in your browser to launch the installation wizard.
Configure cron jobs
There are some jobs that CuViBox on-premise needs to launch automatically. If you are in a Linux environment these are the jobs:
# Updates months using ongoing knowledges, at 1AM on the first day of each month 0 1 1 * * /var/www/html/bin/cake Cuvibox updateOngoingKnowledges
# Send mails to activate new users registered in batch mode, every 5 minutes */5 * * * * /var/www/html/bin/cake Cuvibox sendUserActivationLinks
# Updates CV age, at midnight on the first day of the month 0 0 1 * * /var/www/html/bin/cake Cuvibox updateCvAge
# Send CV tracking emails, every 10 minutes */10 * * * * /var/www/html/bin/cake Cuvibox sendCvTrackingEmails
If you are using Windows or Mac, just configure it to launch the /bin/cake executable with the parameters shown above.